Friday, April 18, 2008

Another lunch for one

Sundried tomato pesto and sprouts on homemade honey wheat bread (a take on the loaf I just wrote about). The pesto recipe is from a great, recent New York Times article by Eric Asimov on wine bars in the city.


Sundried Tomato and Walnut Pesto
adapted from Jody Williams

1 cup shelled walnuts
1/4 cup grated Parmesan
1 garlic clove, peeled and crushed
3 sprigs of thyme
a pinch of salt
splash of sherry vinegar
1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
2 tablespoons minced sundried tomatoes

It's a simple as blending this in a food processor to your desired consistency, and I do mean desired. It's delicious.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That looks so delicious! Sprouts are hard to find here, and I miss them so.

Anonymous said...

Looks simple and tasty! I recently made a walnut pesto with pasta that worked pretty well too.

Leah said...

Lauren, sprouts are not so hard to make wherever you are! I've totally grown them by accident. What if you tried using a website like this one: http://www.essortment.com/all/growsprouts_rabk.htm as a guide?

And Marc-- I love your website, I can't believe you've visited mine! I'll add you to my blogroll.